A career with The Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) offers individuals rewarding opportunities to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in serving our diverse membership of over 53,000 real estate brokers and salespersons across the Greater Toronto Area.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in a dynamic work environment, TREB is the place to be.
Current TREB Opportunities
YOUR EXCITING CAREER AWAITS YOU AT THE TORONTO REAL ESTATE BOARD.
The Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) is a not-for-profit organization and serves a diverse membership of over 53,000 real estate brokers and salespersons across the Greater Toronto Area. For more information about TREB, please visit our website at www.trebhome.ca.
TREB is currently seeking to one (1) Professional Development Specialist to fill a full-time, permanent position within the Professional Development department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Professional Development and will be responsible for the duties outlined below.
The Professional Development Specialist works within a co-operative team environment to develop and deliver outreach and training programs to REALTOR® Members and Brokerages. The successful candidate will provide high-quality and innovative e-learning, classroom and workshop courses on the resources and technologies available to REALTORS®, as well as deliver seminars on industry and legislative compliance at our offices and at offsite locations.
The incumbent will both create and edit course materials, and develop web-based learning aids, to support the learning of our Members.
This role is for a highly organized, tech-savvy self-starter with an enthusiasm for education and proficiency in the real estate industry. The successful applicant will be a front-line staff member of the Toronto Real Estate Board and must be confident in representing the organization.
- Develop and conduct training sessions both at TREB's offices and at various brokerage offices throughout the GTA.
- Train real estate professionals on how to use applicable tools, resources and technologies, especially those associated with the MLS® System.
- Design and deliver customized training programs in a variety of learning environments (hands-on classroom, seminar, webinar, video) for learners with diverse language and skill levels.
- Develop and maintain end-user resources (guides/workbooks) and training videos which support the course catalogue.
- Develop and assist with the creation and maintenance of the training curriculum and documentation.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the resources available to REALTORS®, including current and emerging online and mobile device technology.
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices in both the real estate industry and in learning theory, and incorporate these into the curriculum as appropriate.
- Assist with testing and supporting new technology initiatives, websites and tools as required.
- Assist with support via phone or chat sessions to Member inquiries, concerns and requests related to the MLS® System and its related technologies.
- Perform other special projects or duties as assigned from time to time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will follow safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all health and safety regulations. Personal protection and safety equipment will be used if/when required and he/she will promptly report any injury or illness, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions immediately to the Senior Manager, Professional Development.
- A university degree in education or related discipline, or an Adult Education Certification, and a sound knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design.
- Knowledge of TREB MLS® Rules and Policies, the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (REBBA 2002), the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) Code of Ethics, Competition Compliance, and any other legislation or industry requirements is considered a strong asset;
- Knowledge and appreciation of all aspects of organized real estate and the industry regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Four years' experience in adult education using various delivery methods;
- Must possess excellent communication and writing skills;
- Strong research, documentation and technical writing skills;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills with experience delivering training;
- Sound project management skills, effective prioritization, organization and time management skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality and attention to detail;
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Mac and PC operating systems;
- Experience and enthusiasm for utilizing mobile and other emerging technologies as learning tools; and,
- Real estate sales experience or equivalent is an asset.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- A reliable vehicle and valid Ontario driver's license are mandatory.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and travel to deliver training and support within the GTA.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only applicants proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.