A career with The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) offers individuals rewarding opportunities to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in serving our diverse membership of over 70,000 real estate brokers and salespersons across the Greater Toronto Area.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in a dynamic work environment, TRREB is the place to be.
YOUR EXCITING CAREER AWAITS YOU AT THE TORONTO REGIONAL REAL ESTATE BOARD.
TRREB is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to fill a full-time, permanent position within the Professional Development department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Manager, Professional Development and will be responsible for the duties outlined below.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support for all educational and professional development programs offered to TRREB Members and Brokerages. This includes working closely with the Professional Development team to provide course-management and logistical support to ensure a smooth operation and an excellent learning experience.
In this role the incumbent is required to assist in the planning, organization, coordination, marketing and administration of all professional development seminars and programs, including workshops, designations, outreach, off-site sessions, the New Member Orientation Program, e-learning, etc. This encompasses creating reports and correspondence, updating program materials, coordinating trainers, managing course calendars, scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting minutes.
The position requires a highly organized, self-motivated and experienced professional that is able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively communicate and collaborate with both internal and external contacts.
- Act as first contact by answering, screening and directing incoming calls, regular and electronic mail and on-site requests from Members, Brokerages, instructors, etc.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment and materials are available and in working order in advance of course start times.
- Proactively respond to questions, concerns and requests for information from TRREB Members and other departments, ensuring that all inquiries and requests are responded to promptly and in a professional manner.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, including coordinating conference calls, video conferencing, room bookings, preparing meeting materials, arranging catering, etc.
- Maintain the professional development training schedule, in conjunction with the Professional Development team, and ensure that all details of the sessions are properly documented in the Member registration system and all other communication vehicles.
- Oversee the logistics of internal and external professional development sessions and events, including arranging catering, room set-up, equipment and course materials.
- Collect, monitor, maintain and process course attendance, notifying management and third-party providers of all necessary attendance information and coordinating course cancellations and cancellation notices, as required.
- Assist in sourcing, contracting and scheduling course instructors, ensuring a regular refresh of new instructors and course material, within appropriate budget parameters.
- Work with Brokerage office representatives and instructors to facilitate all Outreach sessions, including providing all course material and registration documentation prior to the sessions, as well as liaise with Brokerages to employ third-party speakers.
- Liaise with instructors to ensure all changes and updates to the course material have been made in advance of the course session date.
- Provide administrative support by preparing written and electronic correspondence, setting-up and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems for the department, sending reminders to instructors prior to every session, maintaining/updating course catalogue and speaker bios, etc.
- Submit all updated course materials for proof reading and approval prior to print, to ensure that TRREB standards are met with regards to content and branding.
- Identify, resolve and/or escalate issues that arise, as required.
- Track and summarize data related to the professional development program and maintain appropriate reports as required.
- Maintain month-end analysis of Professional Development sessions and variances.
- Participate in new course approval and evaluation activities.
- Coordinate the marketing and promotion of the professional development program, in conjunction with the Communications team.
- Co-ordinate both on-site and off-site professional development sessions, ensuring appropriate meeting facilities and resources are arranged and in place.
- Process invoices received for all facility rentals, speaker fees, royalty fees, etc. for payment, including obtaining proper authorizations prior to payment.
- Assist the Membership Department with TRREB’s New Member Orientation Program to confirm non-compliance and help out with corrective action as required.
- Create and maintain a highly organized and user-friendly library of professional development resources for future reference.
- Provide support in the planning and organizing of the Learning Hub portion of the annual REALTOR® QUEST Trade Show and Conference in partnership with the Senior Manager, Professional Development.
- Provide administrative support to the Professional Development Committee and any other related committees as required.
- Record and prepare minutes for Professional Development Committee meetings, department meetings and any other special meeting as required.
- Produce relevant reports and analyses as requested.
- Order office supplies and maintain appropriate inventory for the department.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date processes and procedures manual for future training purposes.
- Assist with other TRREB special events, including on-site assistance as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, arts and science or a related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience as an administrative role, preferably in an educational environment.
- Experience in an adult education environment is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where collaboration and attention to detail are required to deliver high quality and accurate results.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks with tight timelines.
- Advanced technical skills in MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat are essential.
- Professionalism and tact are required to effectively interact with Members and staff.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will follow safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all health and safety regulations. Personal protection and safety equipment will be used if/when required and they will promptly report any injury or illness, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions immediately to their supervisor.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Occasional overtime and after-hours work, including evenings and weekends, and working attendance at special events, held during and outside of regular work hours, may be required.
- A considerable amount of time will be spent working on a computer.
- A reliable vehicle and valid Ontario driver’s licence are required for occasional travel within the GTA.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to the attention of:
Human Resource & Payroll Associate
Please include "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.